External Risk Events
CPG has developed the External Risk Events Report, an indispensable information source dedicated to helping risk management personnel – and others in the financial services industry – stay abreast of risk developments and notable events. The report provides clients with the following:
- A summary of primarily domestic, and international, events that pose direct risks for U.S. financial institutions, organized into nine different categories to enable fast and easy review;
- A recap of financial services-related legislative actions, proposed regulatory rules, and enforcement actions among U.S. regulatory agencies involved in financial oversight; and
- Tools to help identify priority risk events with relevancy for your bank.
CPG’s research staff closely follows risk events globally to produce a comprehensive, concise, and timely report on new developments. Our analysts do the work of tracking events so that risk management personnel of our clients can spend their time managing risk. Learn more about the External Risk Events Report. Download a sample of our External Risk Events report..
Product Redesign Services
With deposit rates still at record low levels, banks of all sizes are working on strategies to attract and retain deposits across all customer types. The CPG team is highly experienced helping clients ideate and bring to market new, streamlined and more attractive deposit product offerings – for consumers, small businesses and treasury management customers.
Capital Performance Group’s Product Redesign Services combine insight, guidance, and analytical support to help banks:
- Align product features and pricing with the preferences of targeted customer segments;
- Maximize new customer acquisition, cross-sell, up-sell, and retention;
- Increase the value perceived by customers;
- Develop distinguishable product options to motivate customers to self-select into the right products and deepen share of wallet;
- Facilitate front-line sales and promote cross-sales of relationship enhancing services;
- Streamline product suites and engineer functionality to reduce operational complexity, and;
- Improve the financial performance and contribution from your product offerings.
Learn more about how we can help you retain and attract new deposits.
Core Deposit Growth
The Challenge Today
Core deposits are once again taking center stage as a critical strategic challenge for many financial institutions, and growing core deposits is not going to be easy. Most institutions will feel the need for core funding at exactly the same time, resulting in a rather rapid increase in rates and ramp up of marketing and sales activities. Even for seasoned bankers, it’s been so long since the deposit growth “muscle” has been exercised that it likely needs to be rehabilitated. Finally, consumers and media have changed considerably since the last cycle, so strategies that worked in the past are not necessarily going to be as effective this time around.
Now is the time to get a lot more focused on core deposits. And CPG can help. We’ve been working with clients to identify high-potential, low-risk initiatives to grow core deposits through a three-step, cost-effective, and fast process. CPG’s Deposit Growth Sprint.
Customer Relationship Growth
The traditional community and regional financial institution business model is under attack – especially for the hearts, minds, and wallets of consumers. On one side sits large national banks with dominant technology, convenience, and brand awareness. On the other, financial technology solutions continue to proliferate so fast that it’s nearly impossible for management to ponder the relevance and potential impact of each.
The Problem: Low Rates of Growth in New Customers and Falling Profitability
Many banks and credit unions remain trapped in product and transactional thinking and haven’t made the transition to a focus on customer relationships – and building unique value that motivates prospects to choose you, refer you, and do more business with you. A customer relationship model is more scalable and efficient than a silo-based product model – and helps the company build positive operating leverage. Acquisition cost is reduced, more sales are made to the same customer, attrition is reduced, and sales are made across lines of business.
The Solution: CPG’s Customer Growth Sprint